Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Come to the dark side

With all the white interiors that seem to be so in vogue right now, it's nice to see some interior images utilizing the ultimate contrast color: black.


Martha Stewart certainly is heading to the dark side. Check out this beautiful image from MSL-some of the bedding is from my fave, DwellStudio.


Serena and Lily is emphasizing pops of black lacquer, an idea that I love to deepen calm color palettes. I especially love that piece of art with the script-y, scribbly-looking writing- a small bit of black and white. Makes me think of this rug that I have always loved from Ballard Designs:

I am NOT sick of chalkboard paint yet. And I think this bathroom door in an all white bathroom is a great application! How cute!


This black stained entry way cabinet draws the eye all the way down the hall. I love the rattan and chrome chair and the cow hide rug with it to warm it up. Love it!

I guess I'm a black and white graphic kind of girl because I adore this living/dining photo with the zebra print ottoman and the pair of black shaded lamps. Such a great addition to the other wise, brown-cream-orange color scheme. Black just adds a little bit of edge to things, I think.

ashley goforth designs
This is definitely more than just a pop of black, but the pair of upholstered twin beds in black looks grey with the dark grey and white room.


Even outdoor living space can benefit from a bit of black! Look at these black stained planters, a DIY from DoorSixteen, a blog I just found.

Black is the new black. Add a little to your space and see what it does for you.


xoxo, 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment