Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend break

Guess what we did this weekend....



We went Scamping!

Husband and I Have been so busy lately that we decided we needed a get-away! This is the prefect way to spend time together! We decided to head south to Galveston!



Our Friday night sunset self-portrait.




Here's the inside. After we watched the sunset, we got out Netflix and Hulu and watched some of our favorite shows and sipped some red wine. Ahhh, relaxation!




See how happy I am to have a relaxing weekend?




I was distraught to see all the terrible stenciled painting in the restrooms. They needed some designer help!!!



The next morning, we got up early to watch the sunrise.... Then went back to bed for a while. We have to sleep in, it's Saturday!







Panoramic view



We spent the day walking along the Strand.



Some yummy vegan Greek food (lunch!). We then headed back to the Scamp for naps, then an afternoon reading by the pool.

Our next door among neighbors were a retired couple who had a GIANT bus of a camper. We struck up a conversation with them and ended up joining them for dinner back in town.



The next morning was considerably cooler, so I spent most of it outside, drinking coffee, reading and journalling. So refreshing.



Ps, I doodled this while I was journaling.

Such a lovely weekend with my guy! We discussed how much we really loved our Little Scamp and want to take it out more often! I'm thinking a trip to Lost Maples sounds wonderful!



I envision camping like this (photos from - check out this entire engagement session!).

Fall puts everyone in the mood to camp, I think. Even Joni blogged about "Glamping" (the glam version of trailer camping) here. Thanks for sharing the link, mom!

Anyway, I definitely want to update our little camper. It needs some new AC and I'd like to put in an awning and some outdoor chairs- like this Ralph Lauren camper.





So much fun. I love my Scamp!




- SG, Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment