Saturday, January 1, 2011

In the year 2000.... and 11.

Happy New Year! 1/1/11



Hope yours was lovely. Ours was very low key. After visiting ALL our family for Christmas, we decided to stay in for NYE after a delicious Italian dinner and incredible shiraz. So relaxing. Great time visiting with my inlaws as well.



So... the question everyone dreads this time of year: What are your New Year's Resolutions?

Oh my gosh, I have NOT had two seconds to myself to even begin to think about resolutions or things to do this year. What I DO know is that God tends to laugh at my overly specific resolutions so it's best for me to keep them rather broad and generic (ie, health/fitness, craft stuff, etc). Goals pertaining to my life, age, and career are so not in my hands that it's best for me not to even make them lest I become disappointed when God leads me elsewhere.

Here are the resolutions of things I would like to do in 2011 (that I've thought of SO FAR...):

1. Run a Half Marathon. Since the Rock and Roll half didn't pan out for me in 2010, hopefully I can make a half happen this year! Also, get back in the swing of exercising every day- that makes me feel so good!

2. Work on getting my immune system rebooted to 100%! I started working on it by doing a raw food cleanse this fall, but I would really like to keep going just with a more balanced (ie, do-able) approach.

3. Practice being content- my constant battle. Find peace in being happy with what I have, where I am, and who I am instead of always striving for more.

4. Appreciate the people I love better. My husband, my family, my friends- they are so important to me. I want to become better at showing it.

5. Try to do things that make me scared.

What else should I add?

And what are YOUR resolutions?



xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment