Friday, January 7, 2011

My Bday Post

So... yesterday was my birthday....


I turned 26. I know that's still young, but I had trouble coming to grips with it the weeks preceeding- don't roll your eyes. I guess because 25 that"get my sh&t together age" I had in mind. I figured I'd have my life figured out by then- ha!

aging can be glamorous?

What I am learning as a new 26-year-old is that life isn't about accomplishing. It's not about dreaming up dreams and then doing them. It's about following life wherever God leads you and being content and grateful and completely present in the daily moments along the way. Sigh.



So my birthday was good. 
My husband completely spoiled me- lunch, shopping, and a surprise dinner with friends.

Andrea Lee Photography.
What kind of gifts did I get for my birthday, you ask? Among stemless wine glasses, a case of my favorite wine, new magazine subscriptions (ahem: newly revamped Veranda and the modern gem Dwell), jeggings (don't judge me), gift cards, etc, both moms (mom and mom-in-law) generous gave me fun shopping money. On the shopping list:

heart rate monitor
TGI curl rod (psst, get yours from Brandi)

Thank you to my wonderful friends and family for spoiling me so well. You really know how to make a girl feel special and loved- even when she was feeling a little down. I love you all. :)



xoxo, 

No comments:

Post a Comment